Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Nothing But Love...
...for my family! And Valentine's Day is a wonderful day to remind us of that. I try to do something special often and don't use February 14th as the only day to do it, but it is a fun thing that we love to do as a family. It always involves dinner and dessert. Usually no gifts and this year we even skipped the expense of cards. Andy got up with Grayson and made him breakfast...heart shaped eggs with cheese and pancakes. I had no idea he was going to do this and it was such a sweet touch that he thought of. Andy's mom and Scott got Grayson a super cute outfit! We didn't get G anything, figuring he wouldn't miss it :) We always got a little something growing up and I hope to continue that with our kids. Nothing elaborate by any means, but something special.
.JPG)
For dinner I made homemade pizzas and breadsicks with homemade sauce, yum! It turned out really good. Pizza is our new go to "frugal and fun" meal. We had Hawaiian on this particular night.
Dessert. Chocolate Truffle. Absolutely delicious. I made this for Andy and I's first Valentine's Day together and couldn't believe it had been that long since I'd made it. Our tickers were probably still recovering from the last time we ate it. I should probably wait awhile before I make it again!
My homemade decorations. Any reason to play with glitter :) I tried to be sneaky but Andy saw the scraps in the recycling container. Busted! All in all, it was a great day to spend with my little family. The best part was that Andy had the next day off, so it was a nice long weekend. Hard to believe that next year there will be an eight month old and Grayson will be two! Amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




oh man that chocolate truffle looks so good. I love the decorations:) Glad you guys had a fun v-day. Im inpressed at the heart shaped eggs!
ReplyDelete