Thursday, November 4, 2010

Oh My Meatballs!

So, this is really about meatballs. Not a misleading title or something clever :) I made the Our Best Spaghetti and Meatballs (ourbestbites.com) night before last and and with the leftovers last night, eureka! Meatball Subs! I know, they've been around for a while and it's not new news to many, but throw those leftover yummies on a hotdog bun out of the freezer, add some sketti sauce and cheese and toast it up. Fast, delicious and the best leftovers ever. Now, about those meatballs...make sure you don't use the nasty seasoned bread crumbs that have been in your cabinet forever. Really messes with the flavor. I knew it would, but anyways. Also, if you don't love italian sausage, don't use it. Use all beef instead. Good stuff. I doubled everything and it made a TON! It was easy to do since it called for a half pound of the two types of meat. I just used the whole pound since it was easier. We ate it with company the first night, as lunch the next day and for subs that night with mucho for the freezer left over. I used my medium Pampered Chef scoop for perfectly portioned meatballs but I think next time I'd use the small scoop for smaller meatballs. Completely random food post I know, but hey, why not! I've dropped the ball on the Our Best Bites challenge, but I'll update soon at least what I've made so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment